Wednesday, February 10, 2010

White Stone Exhibition

So Thankful!!!!!! God blessed me with my first professional Exhibition. Found out my work was accepted Feb. 5th 2010. When I checked their web page for my name and saw it, I was so excited. Just like I won the biggest prized ever. I have been praying and working for this for 4 years now.God is so Good, perfect timing. I was so excited I could not cry but so grateful within, overwhelmed. I submitted 3 pieces and they chose the BOLDEST one. Praise God. This just gives me conformation on what God has spoke to my heart. I submitted to White Stone Gallery in Philly. They have some really amazing work. The winner (ME, I am claiming it) will recieve a one year contract , featured on thier web page and feature in a magazine they put out. The show starts March 5th and goes throught the 15th. Be sure and check it out. They will be posting all the work on-line.


http://www.whitestone.com/

Here are the three pieces that I submitted. The smallest but boldest was accepted. When I recieved the email on the acceptance , she said we will sure ruffle some feathers with this one. That is for sure, one of the sumissions creates pieces that are Catholic. Thing is that people have to understand is, I am a Christian who is an artist not an artist who is Christian. I have a message to share not a pretty picture. God created me to speak truth, reveal lies and speak to the blind. I speak through art and voice.



Strongholds Revealed
Mixed Media Collage on Canvas






Religious Church
Mixed Media Collage on Canvas





Harvest
Mixed Media Collage on Canvas

I have another submission this month as well that I will be accepted to (claiming that one too.) This one is bigger and winners work will tour the country for 3 years. That will be amazing. I chose to enter work based on the parables. Can't wait to show you these. God gave me some really great visions to submit.


I also have been working on a new series called finding rest. I have shown them before but not on my blog. I will try to get these up soon. They are all based on how God compares us to birds. I use the birds in severel different places , resting on different items and holding differnt things. There is alot of biblical symbolism in these pieces which has been really neat to create. I also have paintined the bird differently than they are at times due to personalaities of people. Here are a few but will get the rest up soon.



Freedom
Mixed Media on Wood


God's Timing
Mixed Media on Wood


8 comments:

devotedmomof7 said...

CONGRATS!!!!! These are all awesome - POWERFUL messages!!! I love the Stronghold one especially, but all are terrific. I'll look forward to chatting more with you. Let's get together with Melissa and chat artsy stuff!

devotedmomof7 said...

Congrats, Leah!!! Also, far less exciting, but hopefully an encouragement to you, I have selected you as one of the Sunshine Award recipients. Check out my other choices at: www.cheryldevoto.blogspot.com

Jennifer @ Pearls of Wisdom said...

I am really enjoying your work and your passion for God. I would love to get back at it myself and am in the works of simplifying my life in order to do the same. Keep up the blogging and the painting. Both speak voumes.

Light for the Writer's Soul said...

Leah, could I feature your blog with a link and photo at my place? Would love for my friends to see your work!

Blessings,
Vicki

Toyin O. said...

Great work!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/

Cass said...

Wow, beautiful work! You are definitely blessed with creativity!

Have a wonderful week!

Cass said...

Stopping by to say hi! Your art is beautiful, are you not making things anymore? Have a great day!

Linds said...

Beautiful work and I love your messages!!!! :)

http://hisloveonpaper.blogspot.com/